Sunday, June 8, 2014

'Was I Always a Sinner? The Art and Poetry of Mary D. Morrison'


Blurb:

A collection of art and poetry from Mary D. Morrison, a breast cancer survivor who penned a set of exceptional poetry during her time of recovery. Mary's art work is also featured throughout the book.


http://amzn.to/1nsOVTB

Blurb:

Mary D. Morrison is an accomplished art educator, teaching in North Carolina. Her life was briefly interrupted in 2010 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. In her darkest of days as she began her treatments, Mary put pen to paper and began to write. This culminated in a collection of poems that are both powerful and thought provoking, such as her title poem “Was I Always a Sinner?” Mary states “I knew that God was with me through the whole journey, and he still carries me on his shoulders.” This is quite evident in her poem “Blessings.” Mary stayed strong and beat the odds. She is now cancer free and has a new appreciation for life. Aside from her poem C-A-N-C-E-R, where she talks to her nemesis—she also offers for consideration “I Left a Spot,” and the uplifting “Not Yet Finished.” For months during her recovery Mary sat on her porch daily, which was her only window on the world for a while. She pays homage to her old friend with the aptly titled “Porches.” She has also included a variety of her art work. This is an assortment of poetry and art that everyone can enjoy and appreciate.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm looking for your contact info for a book review/post?
    Can you email me at EdenLiterary at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete